Pages

.

End of Year Hike along Carquinez Straits

Today, December 29th, we took a hike in the hills above the Carquinez Straits on the Martinez side.
The hike started at the staging area on Carquinez Scenic Road just west of downtown Martinez.
Once I parked the Jeep, another car followed into the parking lot.  As I unloaded the dogs, the other car's two occupants got out out with a Vizsla.  This was 15-month-old Jasper.  A great looking and well-behaved young intact male.
The first question they had for me as they came out of their car was,  "Are you Redbirddog?" 

I told them, "Actually I am." 

 We had an enjoyable time talking about these wonderful dogs we own.  The three dogs had a splended time searching for critters in the canyons, forests and hills.

At one point, about an hour into the hike, I heard the sound of turkeys squawking in the distance to my right.  A few moments later, as I looked into the sky, 30 turkeys flew overhead into a far valley.  A minute later Bailey came back with a huge "smile" on his face.
  What a knucklehead  
He does love his birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment